Published: 2 Feb 1950
Chapel At State Sanatorium Dedicated Last Sunday
” An interesting and impressive service took place in the chapel of the state sanatorium Sunday afternoon at 5:30 o’clock in which gifts to the chapel from various individuals and organizations were formally presented and accepted The chapel has recently been re- decorated and was made additionally attractive by a large basket of gladioli, presented by employees of the hospital.
A lovely American flag of silk was the gift of the Rockville Woman’s Relief corps. It was presented by Mrs. J. Q. Lee, president, the Members attending in a body. An equally beautiful Christian flag was presented by the Sunday school of Bloomington, to which Phillip Crubaugh, a former patient in the sanatorium belongs. A handsome pulpit Bible was presented by Mrs. Cecil Neet, in memory of her husband, who was an employee the institution. The substantial pews which have recently been installed in the chapel are the gift Daniel Bruin, chief engineer of the hospital. They were secured by Mr. Bruin from the old Guion Presbyterian church of which he was member when the building was dismantled.
Don Moore of the chapel committee made the responses when the gifts were received and other members of the chapel committee.
“The substantial pews which have recently been installed in the chapel are the gift Daniel Bruin, chief engineer of the hospital…. from the old Guion Presbyterian church of which he was member when the building was dismantled.Republican 2 Feb 1950
Rev. Lloyd Bensmiller of the Montezuma Christian church, Mildred Young and Herman Tesler were in charge of the ceremonies. Rev. Hugh Craven of Memorial Presbyterian church gave the dedicatory message and music was provided by Melvin Newlin who sang, accompanied by Miss Mary Brown and the Youth choir of the Montezuma Christian church. “